The performing arts can make us feel—exhilarated, nostalgic, entertained, joyous. They can also help us succeed—as students, professionals, and citizens of the world. That’s why Wolf Trap dedicates a significant portion of our resources to arts education.
From DC to California to Singapore, Wolf Trap provides high-quality arts education programs and promotes the value of the arts for all learners. It’s at the heart of our mission.
Programs for all ages
On and off the stage, Wolf Trap provides arts education and experiences for learners of all ages.
Wolf Trap offers a range of programs, including our Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts, that help parents, caregivers, and early childhood educators to harness the power of the performing arts at home and in school.
- Baby ArtsPlay!TM for children under three (offered in collaboration with Fairfax County Libraries)
- Hands-on family-involvement workshops
- High-quality professional development workshops for early childhood educators
- Events and symposiums for leaders in arts and early childhood education
Kindergarten through high school
In the Washington, DC area, Wolf Trap offers performing arts classes with master teachers and opportunities to advance arts education in high school.
- Private lessons in piano, dance, songwriting, and more
- Grants for high school performing arts teachers
College and beyond
At Wolf Trap, tomorrow’s arts leaders and lifelong learners embrace their inner artist.
- Nationally recognized internships and apprenticeships
- Classes and workshops with master artists who perform at the Filene Center and The Barns at Wolf Trap
Wolf Trap offers a wide range of family-friendly and affordable performances that introduce children to the joy of the performing arts.
Interactive, educational, and fun performances embrace everything from music and dance to puppetry and storytelling. All shows are about an hour long and are perfect for children ages 4 and up. Highlights include:
- Willy Wonka’s “Wonder Show!”
- Michael & The Rockness Monsters
- Bomba! Afro Puerto Rican Music & Dance
For select performances each year, Wolf Trap’s Young at Arts program allows ticket buyers to receive one free youth (17 and under) ticket for each accompanying adult ticket purchased for performances at the Filene Center and The Barns at Wolf Trap. Highlights include:
- Flamenco Legends
- John Eaton
- Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center