Colonial Market & Fair at Mount Vernon
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sun, 09/19/2021
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
Experience an 18th-Century Marketplace
Take in the sights and sounds of the marketplace on Mount Vernon's 12-acre field.
- Chat with colonial artisans selling traditional handcrafted food and wares.
- Hear live music from the colonial era.
- Watch as expert artisans demonstrate period crafting techniques.
- See General Washington in the General’s Tent.
Colonial Market & Fair is included with general admission. Admission is free for Mount Vernon members.
Handcrafted goods created by more than 30 colonial artisans will be offered for sale. These include:
- Leather Goods
- Silhouette Portraits
- Social Distancing: We ask guests to maintain 6-feet of social distancing. Artisan tents will be spread out, and we are encouraging one-way traffic through each tent. In performance spaces, social distancing marks will be laid out to allow guests and performers to socially distance.
- Facial Coverings: All guests, artisans, performers and staff will be required to wear facial coverings both indoors and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the estate.
- Enhanced Cleaning: Mount Vernon's staff will provide regular enhanced cleaning in high touch areas throughout the day.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.