Air & Scare Outside - National Air and Space Museum
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sat, 10/30/2021
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
Can’t join the fun in person? Check out the Air & Scare at Home virtual activities. Both events will give you an opportunity to enter our costume contest to win some extra Halloween treats and each will offer a Halloween scavenger hunt and challenge game about the spookier pieces in our collection.
Free Tickets Required
Air & Scare Outside is an outdoor event that requires free tickets to attend. Timed-entry tickets can be reserved now for the October 30 program. Entry times will be on the hour between 10 am and 4 pm. Reserve yours now.
Air & Scare Outside will feature:
- Trick or treat stations with free candy and snacks.
- Creepy crafts, spooky experiments, and other Hallloween-themed activities for family members of all ages.
- Special story times and puppet shows for the youngest Halloween revelers.
- Photo opportunities with your favorite Star Wars characters. This year many of our Star Wars friends can also be visited at activity stations.
- A chance to enter our costume contest to win sweet prizes (get all the details and rules).
- Face Coverings: Everyone age 2 and older is required to wear a face covering while inside the Museum, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings should fit properly and fully cover the nose, mouth, and chin with no large gaps. Fully vaccinated individuals may choose to not wear a face covering in outdoor areas.
- Social Distancing: Please maintain a safe social distance of six feet or more between households or groups at all times. Social distancing signage and directions can be found throughout our facility
- Costumes: All visitors are welcome to wear costumes to the Museum. Halloween/costume masks are not permitted inside the Museum and are prohibited both inside and outside for individuals over 16 years of age. Children up to the age of 15 may wear Halloween masks in outdoor areas only. Real and costume weapons are not permitted in the Museum or anywhere on museum property, including the outdoor part of this event.
- Personal Belongings: We encourage you to limit the number of personal belongings and bags you bring into our facility, as they will be subject to a thorough search.
- Weather Policy: This event will be cancelled in the event of severe weather conditions, but is otherwise planned to take place rain or shine. The Museum will email ticket holders any updates, as well as post any announcements on this site.
- Transportation: Parking in the on-site parking lot is $15 per car. The Udvar-Hazy Center can also be reached via Fairfax Connector route 983.
Air & Scare is made possible by the support of Mars Wrigley Confectionery US LLC.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.